Sunday, June 27, 2010

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

This was my first experience ever with yeast. Typically if a recipe called for it I would say, "yeah, right" and move on to something else. I just want to say I loved baking with yeast, the dough was so fluffy and warm and just lovely. This recipe did take me about 3 hours from start to finish but it was well worth the time. I was able to share these wonders with my dad on Father's Day and also with Anthony's grandfather who loves cinnamon and is quite the dad and granddad. If you have never tried your hands at homemade cinnamon rolls, I suggest you do so.
The recipe said to place the dough in a warm area for an hour. It was 95 degrees outside so I placed my dough in the shade on my deck.
After an hour I rolled out the dough and spread melted butter on top then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar.
Don't laugh....ok....you can laugh. No matter how hard I tried I could not get the pretty perfect cinnamon/dough/cinnamon/dough look. The warm dough plus warm butter did not make for a solid log to cut in perfect circles.
But the end results was indescribable. To taste these babies right out of the oven, they just melt in your mouth and you need to leave the house to refrain from eating the whole pan. I won't be making them anytime soon, I just don't think my jeans can handle it.

Recipe found here. BTW...my icing is a different color because my family doesn't like coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment