Sunday, November 28, 2010

Megan & Greg : Wedding Cake

This last weekend in November marked the "first" for a few things. Anthony and I successfully made our first wedding cake. Although we did a wedding cupcake tower back in August this weekend was our first 3-tiered wedding cake. My other first was despite having a 3-tiered wedding cake, 90 cupcakes, a groom's cake and a 2-tiered birthday cake all due on the same day I worked for 2 and a half days WITHOUT stress! I have to admit that sometimes when creating these beauties I tend to get stressed and in a bad mood. I just want everything to be perfect. I believe God has taught me a huge lesson along the way and that is to not stress. Everything turned out just as I had imagined in my mind. Although it was work, I really enjoyed my time spent with Anthony doing these cakes. We spent the days cracking jokes and being silly and "arguing" on where to order take out because at that point we were not making anything else.

So back to the post and the pictures....I want to say a huge thank you to the now Mr. and Mrs. Greg Gardner for entrusting me with their cake on their special day. I promised Megan I would create the exact cake she wanted for her big day and I feel like I did, I just hope she does too. And Greg I hope you enjoyed your surprise groom's cake. I wish you both nothing but the best in your journey together.



No comments:

Post a Comment