Thursday, November 4, 2010

Topsy Turvey Birthday Cake

Sometimes I post ads on craigslist under services for cakes. Every time I get a great response and end up swamped and question myself for doing it. Then after I make all of the cakes and things slow down I do it to myself again. Post an ad, schedule a Pampered Chef show, do events with the youth group and then I question again, why do I do this to myself?

Well the last time I posted an ad I was asked to do a cake just like the ones on Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. No pressure, right? So here is my first attempt at a Topsy Turvey cake. I can honestly say I learn something new every time I bake a cake. Most of the time its because something fails and I have to think of a way to fix it. Hopefully after over a year of making cakes the number of mistakes will dwindle away and I will be left with smooth, easy cakes every time. I can dream.

Just last night when I flipped a cake onto a cooling rack it split completely in half. No amount of icing would have bandaged that bad boy up. Note to self, buy larger cooling racks, holding two together plus the cake pan and flipping = mess!



1 comment: